Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you. We will collect most of this data directly from you, or indirectly from other health care providers, who have referred you to us and/or participate in your eye care, e.g. GPs and Ophthalmologists.
The type of information we collect is detailed below
- Full name and contact details, including address, email and phone numbers
- Date of birth
- Bank details (if you join our Perpetual Eye Care Plan and pay via Direct Debit)
- Medical history – including current and past eye examinations, clinical history and tests, optical images, general health condition, spectacle and contact lens prescriptions
- Record of products and services – including payment history for professional fees, eyewear and contact lens purchases
- Lifestyle, driving information and employment factors – relevant to your eye care
Using your personal data
We will use your home address, phone numbers or email address to contact you (according to your personal preferences) with regard to the following
- Your eye care treatment
- Providing our products and services to you
- Letting you know when your next appointment is due and reminding you to book an eye examination if due
- Notifying you about changes to our products and services
- Responding to queries from you
- Processing and retaining personal data relating to your purchases
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data is only shared with other medical professionals who are actively involved in providing your eye care and overseeing your general health. It is not shared with 3rd parties for marketing or commercial purposes.
Your bank details (when provided by you) are shared with a third party to manage direct debit payments for the Perpetual Eye Care Plan.
Your personal data may be forwarded to the Courts if requested, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice.
We will retain your personal data based on our legal and regulatory requirements.
You can update or amend your personal information in person, via the phone or via the contact page on our website https://www.barnard-optometrists.co.uk/contact-barnard-optometrists/
Your rights under applicable data protection law
Your rights are as follows
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if inaccurate
- The right to object or restrict the processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased or blocked for further processing depending on regulatory requirements to retain data
- The right to request access to personal data
Protecting personal information
We use a variety of security procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk.
In the event that there is an interception of your personal information or unauthorised access or use of our database, we will not be liable or responsible for any resulting misuse of your personal information.
We have no control over the contents of third party sites or resources which are linked to our website and we accept no responsibility or liability for them or the privacy practices they use or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of such websites or resources.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The information below explains the cookies we use and why.
Cookies are used on this site to track your use of this website. This enables me to understand how you use the site and track any patterns with regards to how you are using this website. This helps me to develop and improve the website.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time I test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- I may also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the social media sites will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Manage Your Preferences
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
– Barnard Associates Optomistrist